Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Helpful Websites

MS/US
Current Events: The Week In Rap

I have spent the last several weeks meeting with each US student to ensure that they all receive an on-line copy of the NEW YORK TIMES each day.  As a result, I have had current events on my mind. 

I have also noticed that the music taste of my oldest child is changing..... all of a sudden he knows the lyrics to rap songs that I have never heard of.  I realize that this is normal, but it still took me by surprise.  Just a few days ago he was complaining if we listened to anything other than country music in the car.  I guess that it is obvious that he is a teenager. 

By meshing the new interest of mine and his, I have found "The Week in Rap".  This is a rap about the current events of the week.  It is updated each Friday on the website http://theweekinrap.com/.  How surprised would your students be if you showed them this video and you were able to sing along..... just a suggestion.



MATH VIDEOS By: Mr. Robb

Mr. Robb has a you-tube channel where he shares his math lessons with the world.  He is a regular classroom teacher that has chosen to record his classroom lessons.  He has provided us with several hundred lessons for Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Calculus.

Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbWorld

ECS/LS
Activity TV
Activity TV is a really neat website that provides fun activities and projects for the classroom.  My favorite section is under the SCIENCE tab.  I know that we are all looking for new and exciting ideas to keep our students engaged and motivated.  Check this one out. http://www.activitytv.com/search  You can click on the tabs across the top of the screen to select different subject areas.

Number Nut
This website is all about MATH. http://numbernut.com/index.html It is full of instructional information and fun game activities that can be used on the SMARTboards.    The topics include each of the areas shown below.  I played a few of the games and think that this site would be a good one to share with parents for home reinforcement or for a center or inside recess activity.

1 comment:

  1. The math vedio part is quit useful.Everyone can learn it at his own house. Thank you for finding and sharing this wonderful resource with us!

    ReplyDelete