Thursday, December 16, 2010

Google Reading Level Search

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! 
This is by far my favorite time of the year.  I wanted to share with you a few websites that will allow you to give back.  As educators, we GIVE each and every day to the students in our classrooms.  However, it is always a good idea to reach outside the walls of PA to do what we can.  The following websites allow you to CLICK and DONATE to help those in need.

SEARCHING BY READING LEVEL
A few weeks ago I wrote about the ADVANCED SEARCH feature of Google.  I wanted to share with you one additional feature that I just learned about through my PLN (Public Learning Network). Thank you to Richard Byrne for sharing this tidbit. 
Did you know that you can search by reading level?  How cool is that?  I think that our lower school students who are conducting research will find this specifically helpful.  Here is how it works:
1.  Click on the ADVANCED Search link to the right the standard Google search Bar.
2.  Key in the search term that you are looking for information on.
3.  Click on the drop down arrow to display the reading level.
4.  Click on the desired level ( Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
5.  Click on ADVANCED SEARCH in the bottom right corner.



PREZI UPDATE!!
This is super exciting.  Since I blogged about PREZI last school year, several of you have begun to incorporate it into your classrooms.  I absolutely LOVE PREZI and each time I have introduced it to a group of students, they quickly fall in love as well.  One downfall of PREZI in comparison to PowerPoint, is the inability to change the design template colors..... until now.  www.prezi.com has announced the ability to customize your colors and fonts. (I know!  I could hardly contain my excitement about this as well.)  Go ahead and CHEER!  When you click on the colors and fonts tab of the wheel, you will now see a THEME WIZARD option.
After clicking on the THEME WIZARD option, a new window will appear from which you can design you heart out.  It is so fun!  You can even customize specific colors to match the PA logo design.  HAPPY ZOOMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment