Monday, February 8, 2010

ANIMOTO

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!
Congratulations to Sarah Gorman for responding the fastest with the correct answer to the WORDLE contest last week.  "Call of the Wild" was correct.   Thank you to everyone who responded. 

ANIMOTO
Digital Story Telling is something that our students have been doing for quite some time.  I love this project because it incorporates, research, writing, speaking, graphics, planning, and video.  It is a excellent way of incorporating Blooms highest level of "Create" into our every day curriculum.

Up until now, our students in LS, MS, and US have been using Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premier, and Pinnacle Studio to make some amazing (and award winning) documentaries.  http://www.animoto.com/ is a website that I have been hearing and reading about for some time now.  I have been intrigued and wanted to share this discovery with you.  ANIMOTO is a website where you can create digital stories easily.

Click play on the video below to watch a super short overview of ANIMOTO.




Sounds like fun.... right.  They even offer season video greeting cards, just for the fun of it.

Give it a try at http://www.animoto.com/ I think that the FREE 30 second option is a fun and easy way for students to get started with digital movie making.   I would love for you to share your creations with me.

Below is a Valentine's greeting from the Ward Family.


Happy Snow Day!




1 comment:

  1. I saw a commercial about this last night - thanks for the reminder! I'll email you my video when I'm done. :)

    ReplyDelete