I have spent a lot of time over the last fews days wondering why people create computer viruses. This is not something that I can easily understand. I really do not see the good that can come from their creation. I just simply do not understand why in the world someone would spend the amount of time that it would take to make something that is only meant to corrupt.
Dear whoever made the virus that infected our network:
You are not my friend !
Thank goodness for the GOOD guys who create someware to remove the bad stuff.
Moving on......
VIRTUAL MANIPULATIVES for the Math/Science lover in you.
http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html is a WONDERFUL website that provides a vast resource for the classroom. The site is broken into the following categories.
1. Numbers and Operations
2. Algebra
3. Geometry
4. Measurement
5. Data Analysis and Probability
Then, each category is broken down into the following grade sections:
1. Pre-K - 2
2. 3 - 5
3. 6 - 8
4. 9-12
If your classroom has access to one of our SMART boards, these activities will work perfectly. The students will love the interactivity. If you do not have access to a SMART board, you can still utilize this site with your students via the averkey or projector. I really encourage you to check this out. It is applicable for all divisions.
Please let me know if you find it to be helpful.
WINTER OLYMPICS 2010
I am absolutely obsessed with watching the olympics and so are my children. Below is a link to a wonderful website that provides several classroom activities that can be incorporated into a wide range of grade levels all focused on the OLYMPICS.
http://www.teachervision.fen.com/olympic-games/teacher-resources/6651.html
Let's have another contest...... Who can e-mail me the fastest with the name of the skater that tied Bonnie Blair's record for the most medals in the WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES? HINT: He also won DANCING WITH THE STARS. If you have no idea, use the search tips that I discussed a few weeks back to narrow your search for quick results.
No comments:
Post a Comment