Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Was I better today than yesterday?

I believe that it is safe to assume that most people who are professionals have at least heard the name Daniel Pink (http://www.danpink.com/about).  Many of you may have read some of his books.  Daniel Pink is the author of several bestselling books about the changing world of work.  His latest is Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, which uses 40 years of behavioral science to overturn the conventional wisdom about human motivation and offers a more effective path to high performance.

I have been working on a presentation and came across this promotional video.  It resonated with me and I wanted to share it with you.  As educators we touch so many lives each and every day.  I believe that people work to the level of expectation given to them.  We should expect a lot from ourselves as educators.  If we always ask ourselves the questions "Was I better today than yesterday?" and "What is my sentence?" it might be easier to be great on that day that we want to settle for OK.

"Two Questions That Can Change Your Life" From Daniel Pink


Two questions that can change your life from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.


Please take note that Daniel Pink posted this promotional video for his book on the website VIMEO.  http://vimeo.com/ is a video sharing site that markets itself as "a respectful community of creative people who are passionate about sharing the videos they make."  I just recently created an account and watched some videos from other users.  I am impressed.  This site is FREE and pretty easy to use.  It is a great storage site for projects that you have created that you want to share with others without taking up network space.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment